Bible Study February 13, 2019
LESSON THREE: "YOU ARE AN HEIR OF GOD".
Wednesday February 13, 2019
Conference Call Number: (563) 999-2090 Access Code: 793633 Very important: To those of you who have T-Mobile or Metro PCS phone service, you must first dial this number 206-451-6112, you will then be prompted to dial the Conference Call Number and Access Code above. This will allow you to use the confernce call for free.
SESSION THREE: “YOU ARE AN HEIR OF GOD”
Scripture: Joshua 1:1-18
We are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ
I will live out of my inheritance, not my circumstances
As you watch the video for session three, use the following outline to record any additional takeaways from the teaching.
If you are in God’s family, you are an heir to God’s fortune.
You have been adopted into the family of God.
God’s power alters the score
Joshua faced challenges with faith because he trusted his inheritance.
- What statement in the video teaching affected you the most? Why?
- How does the concept of adoption affect the way you view your place in God’s family?
- Why is it often difficult to look beyond circumstances to your true standing with God?
- How will you choose to fight from victory rather than for victory?
- What is your specific action step to live out this promise of God this week?
- Reflect again on God’s Promise and My Promise for this session. What truth is God reinforcing in you as you reread these promises?
- Consider what fresh discoveries surfaced from this session’s reading and personal study. Write anything that you would like to share with the group in the space below.
- Close by thinking about an action step you could take to increase your awareness of this promise from God or share it with another person. Write this action below.
- How can you live each day from the foundation of knowing you are royalty?
- What is the difference between living from an inheritance now versus believing you will receive one in the future?
- How do you “choose” your inheritance?
- What is the difference between working for versus working out your salvation?
- Read 1 Chronicles 29:10-13. Why do you need reminders of God’s strength, power, and majesty? How does worship remind you of these truths?
- Read Romans 8:14-17. How should seeing yourself as a co-heir with Christ change the way you approach God? Why is it difficult to view Jesus as an “older brother”?
- Read Joshua 1:1-9. How did God give the land to the Israelites? What is the difference between something you inherit and something you earn?
- Read Numbers 13:1-2 and Joshua 24:28. What did God do for his children? Given that God sees you the same way-as his heir-what does he want to do for you? How would it change the way you approach challenges if you truly lived out of the promise?