Bible Study January 30, 2019
We begin our new Bible study series: "Encountering God through His Promises".
Conference Call Number: (563) 999-2090 Access Code: 793633 Very important: To those of you who have T-Mobile or Metro PCS phone service, you must first dial this number 206-451-6112, you will then be prompted to dial the Conference Call Number and Access Code above. This will allow you to use the confernce call for free.
Please click on the link below to watch the video for January 30, 2019
Observations From Your Reading of Chapters 1 and 2
1. How does God's view of covenants affect your view of Him?
2. Why is it important to know that God's promises are irrevocable?
3.How does this week's promise affect the way you look at other people?
4. What does it mean to you that you are stamped in God's image?
Scriptures we will consider during today's study
1. Read Genesis 1:26-31. What is the significance of the creation of men and women being the pinnacle of the creation story?
2. Read Colossians 3:5-10. How does Paul connect the idea of the "new self" to the truth of your role as God's image bearer?
3. Read 2 Corinthians 3:18. How are you being transformed into the image of God? How does knowing that this is God's desire affect your desire for transformation?
Read Romans 8:28-30. How do you reconcile the idea you were created in the image of God but still need to be conformed to the image of Jesus?
As you watch the video for session one, record the main points and takeaways from the teaching.
- What it means to have unshakable hope in our lives
- The common denominator the heroes of the Bible shared
- Each of us is made in God’s image and carry some of His attributes
- The arrival of sin distorted this image but did not destroy it
- Sanctification describes the progressive work of God to shape us into His image
- Every person deserves dignity and respect because we are all made in God’s image
- What statement in the video teaching affected you the most?
- From the beginning the Bible makes the existence of God. But what are some of the ways the Bible also makes the case for the dependability of God?
- What are some things in today’s world that make you feel anything but important? How will you reinforce the truth of being an image bearer of God every day of the week?
- How can you encourage others who might be accepting that God had created them in His image?
- What is you specifice action step to live out this promise of God this week?