May 14, 2020
Starting on Friday, May 15, all East Orange residents – symptomatic or asymptomatic – can be tested for COVID-19 at a drive-through location at 161 Elmwood Avenue (the Old V.L.D. School Complex).Please click this link to be taken to the website
March 21, 2020
Pray you’re making every effort to keep you, your family and loved ones safe during this crisis.
Please find update below:
- We will worship on tomorrow, Lord willing, using two mediums. Conference Call and Facebook. The conference call number is: 866-999-2090. Access Code: 793633. Please dial in by 10:15 A.M. For Facebook users, please connect to Calvary Baptist Facebook page and “like” us to receive frequent notifications and updates.
- Tithes and offerings will be made using Givelify. If you ever purchased something through AMAZON or other online businesses, you can use Givelify. Please click here to give with Givelify. If you choose not to use Givelify, please mail your tithes and offering to the church or drop it off at the church during the week. Make sure you call the church for instructions on how to bring your offering if you choose to drop it off.
- Please DO NOT come to the church tomorrow morning for worship service. You will be asked to leave as we CANNOT have more than ten persons, by law, assembling in one place at a time. Only the following persons may come tomorrow: two Reverends, two Deacons, two Trustees, and two persons for media. Prior to getting to the church, please contact your ministry leader who will contact me for approval.
- We are strictly heeding to the “Social Distancing” rule that mandates you allow six feet apart from another individual who is not in your household. To those who will come tomorrow, please abide by this rule.
- I highly recommend that you sign up to the state of New Jersey Coronavirus notification by texting “NJCOVID” to “898-211”. You will get daily notifications and updates from the state of New Jersey on ALL that you need to know about the Coronavirus and what to do. I just received notification that the governor has ordered all non-essential workers to STAY AT HOME. You will find this very helpful. Please sign up today.
We look forward to worshipping on tomorrow via conference call or Facebook.
Blessings to you and the family!
March 20, 2020
Pray all is well with you and your family.
As we continue to keep safe in the midst of this Coronavirus pandemic, while doing ministry, please observe the following:
- We plan to broadcast and live stream the worship service via Free Conference Call and Facebook. It is important to note that almost ALL churches in America will be using Free Conference Call, Facebook and other social media to broadcast their services, therefore, the demand is overwhelming. Please see instructions from Free Conference Call on how to avoid connection problems.
We wanted to provide an update. Millions of people around the world are hitting phone carrier systems and the internet at levels never before seen. This has resulted in some people experiencing busy signals whether calling in to a conference line or just trying to call friends and family. If you would like to help alleviate some of the strain here are some things you can do:
- Download The Mobile App. Tap here to Download for iPhone, here to Download for Android. This will give you the ability to call in over WiFi. Our app also has smart call routing so when you dial-in using your phone we’ll route you to carrier networks that have the most bandwidth.
- Download The Desktop App. This lets you call in using your computer and also lets you stay better connected with screensharing and video conferencing. Tap the following link and scroll down to Download the Desktop App.
- Schedule meetings to start 15 or 45 minutes past the hour rather than on the hour. Carrier networks are less congested at these times. If you could please post this final tip out to your social networks it would be a huge help. Please use the hashtag #15or45. This will help not just us and our fellow conferencing companies but everyone in the United States who is trying to use phone networks.
We can’t say it enough, thank you to all of you. You are the best community in the world.
Please stay safe, stay connected, and let us know how we can help.
CEO and Founder of FreeConferenceCall.com
- Follow the directives from credible health and government officials. There has been fake news circulating on the Internet from China, Russia and Iran that the U.S. government will send the National Guard to shut down the entire country and other disinformation campaigns. Please DO NOT forward any info concerning the Coronavirus if it’s not from the CDC, the White House Coronavirus Task Force, your local or state government officials. Please see links below to warnings sent out by the Governor of New Jersey concerning this matter.
March 19, 2020
When I came home yesterday from the store, my daughter ran to me with out-stretched hands for her usual hug. As she approached and leaned forward toward me, I ducked and she landed on the floor crying. It was difficult doing that to my child, but I had to.
With Joy, on the floor crying, I found myself running to the bathroom saying: “I’m sorry baby! I have to wash my hands first and change my clothes before I can hug you.” That’s tough love. Tough love is when we do things that may break our hearts to protect the ones we love.
This is the new normal we found ourselves living with now. But rest assure, this too shall come to pass. Psalm 30:5 says: “weeping may endure for the night, but joy comes in the morning.” When this is behind us, we too, like the song writer will say: “my soul looks back and wonders how I got over.”
Please note the following:
- Worship will be held on Sunday via conference call and possibly live stream on Facebook and or YouTube .
- As we encourage members to continue supporting the church with their tithes and offering through online giving, we also realize that some of our members who work in certain industries may be struggling as well. I am working in partnership with the United Way and the American Heart Association to get some emergency assistance to help those members and people in our community. More information will be forthcoming.
- ln the maintime, pease take heed to the instructions and directions from our healthcare professionals and government officials.
March 18, 2020
Please find information on the Coronavirus. This is not intended to create panic but awareness. Our hope is in the Lord who "is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think" Ephesians 3:20.
Kindly follow the advise and instructions from healthcare professionals and government leaders. There are so many false prophets out there disseminating inaccurate information about the virus and the cure for it. There is no scientific cure for the virus as of yet.
State of emergency declared in East Orange: Click Here
Covid-19 case is reported in East Orange. The person who tested positive is at large. Click Here
Please check this page often for frequent updates.